Premises Licences

A premises licence permits you to carry out one or more of the following licensable activities:-

  • The sale by retail of alcohol
  • The provision of regulated entertainment
  • The provision of late night refreshment
  • Premises Licence Applications are submitted to the Local Authority in whose area your premises are situated. As a guide please use the Direct Gov link and enter the postcode of the premises you wish to licence.

    If you wish to apply for the sale of alcohol you will also require a person to be nominated as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) who is a Personal Licence Holder. That is the person who will be the main point of contact for the premises and responsible for the day to day running of the premises.

    At WLS we want to ensure that this process runs smoothly for you. As a minimum we will assist you in completion of the application form and discuss with you how the operating schedule should be structured to address the 4 licensing objectives. If necessary, we will liaise with the relevant responsible authorities prior to submission of the application to ensure their needs are met. It is important to get this part right, as doing so will negate the need for any hearing. A hearing can be costly and will delay the grant of the Premises Licence. We will then advise you on who to send the application to and on the wording for the necessary legal notices etc. If you wish, we can complete the whole process for you.

    If we can help with your Premises Licence application or your other training needs please contact us to discuss your requirements or call us on 01604 519333