Premises Licence Variations and Minor Variations; Varying the Designated Premises Supervisor

If you need to change the way your premises operate, or think that the conditions currently applied to your licence are not appropriate, then you can apply to the licensing authority to vary the premises licence. Depending upon what is being asked, this may be done by way of minor variation or if it is substantial then by way of full variation.

At WLS we want to ensure that this process runs smoothly for you. As a minimum we will help you complete the application form and discuss with you how the operating schedule should be structured to address the 4 licensing objectives. If necessary, we will liaise with the relevant responsible authorities prior to submission of the variation application form to ensure their needs are met. It is important to get this part right. Getting it wrong may create the need for any hearing which can be costly and time consuming. We will then advise you on who to send the application to and wording for any necessary legal notices etc.

Variation of Designated Premises Supervisor

We can also advise and assist in changes to the management of the premises by way of a variation of the Designated Premises Supervisor. This could be due to a planned change or in some circumstances an unexpected change due to an unplanned incident. Remember, in order for you to be able to sell alcohol in accordance with a Premises Licence you need a DPS. This variation can be arranged for you at very short notice.